Title IX and Sexual Misconduct Training
Training, education, and prevention programs are a collaborative effort among several offices on-campus. The offices listed below provide programs for faculty, staff, and students by request. In addition to planned programs, trainings, and campaigns, these units are also available to collaborate in the development of ad hoc programs or provide talks/lectures on related topics upon request. Students, faculty, and staff can contact the offices below for more information.
Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
All University personnel (including student employees) are required to complete Mandatory Reporting Training upon hire, as well as annually during the month of October. OEOA is responsible for coordinating this training for the University, along with yearly discrimination and harassment training and disseminating training information provided by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. Additional in-person or virtual trainings are available upon request.
Phone: (309) 438-3383
Health Promotion and Wellness
Health Promotion and Wellness (HPW) offers several different workshops regarding consent, bystander empowerment, healthy relationships, and general wellness topics led by both HPW staff and student groups.
Request a Workshop: https://wellness.illinoisstate.edu/students/workshop/
Phone: (309) 438-9355
Student Counseling Services
Student Counseling Services (SCS) offers a variety of outreach services including presentations, workshops, facilitated discussions, and other programming covering many different topics such as stress management, alcohol and substance use issues, conflict management, and communication strategies.
Outreach Programs for the ISU Community: https://counseling.illinoisstate.edu/outreach/
Phone: (309) 438-3655
Campus Safety & Security
A variety of resources surrounding crime prevention and information about University preparedness initiatives are available on the Campus Safety and Security website.
Required Trainings for Title IX Staff
Illinois State University has an obligation to train Title IX Coordinators, investigators, decision-makers, and any person who facilitates an informal resolution process on the definition of sexual harassment; the scope of our institution’s educational programs and activities; how to conduct an investigation and grievance procedure; issues of relevance in investigative reports; and how to serve impartially by avoiding pre-judgement, bias, and conflicts of interest. The below materials have been used by the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access in recent trainings.
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights Webinars
- OCR Webinar: Title IX Regulations Addressing Sexual Harassment (released May 8, 2020)
- OCR Webinar on New Title IX Protections Against Sexual Assault (released July 7, 2020)
- OCR Webinar on Due Process Protections under the New Title IX Regulations (released July 21, 2020)
- Conducting and Adjudicating Title IX Hearings: An OCR Training Webinar (released July 23, 2020)
- OCR Short Webinar on How to Report Sexual Harassment under Title IX (released July 27, 2020)
- First Amendment and Title IX: An OCR Short Webinar (released July 29, 2020)
- OCR Title IX Webinar: Bias and Conflicts of Interest (released January 15, 2021)
Trainings Provided by Outside Firms and Professional Organizations
- Husch Blackwell-Title IX & Sexual Harassment Response, Fall 2020
- Bricker & Eckler-Title IX Higher Education Training, June 2021
- Bricker & Eckler-Title IX Investigator Training, June 2021
- Bricker & Eckler-Title IX Decision-Maker Training, June 2021
- Bricker & Eckler-Informal Resolution Training, June 2021
- Hogan, Marren, Babbo & Rose, LTD-2021 Annual Training, July 2021
- Husch Blackwell-Title IX & Sexual Harassment Response, July 2021
- Grand River Solutions-Trauma Informed Investigations, April 2022
- Husch Blackwell-Title IX Sexual Harassment Response, Fall 2022
- Bricker & Eckler-Annual Clery Training and Title IX Topics, February 2023
- Grand River Solutions-Report Writing Workshop, February 2023
- Bricker Graydon-Level 1 Title IX Training, April 2023
- Bricker Graydon-Level 2 Title IX Investigator Training, April 2023
- Bricker Graydon-Level 2 Decision Maker Training, April 2023
- Husch Blackwell-Title IX Sexual Harassment Response, Spring 2023
- Bricker Graydon-Level 3 Title IX Investigator Training, June 2023
- Bricker Graydon-Level 3 Title IX Decision-Maker Training, June 2023
- Bricker Graydon-Level 3 Title IX Coordinator Training, June 2023